Did you know something as simple as taking 10 minutes a day to plan your work can save you up to two hours a day? 10 minutes a day so you can embrace your days as that calm, magical, glorious person you are. It’s a reliable way to save 2 hours a day.
It’s easy to dismiss the importance of planning to instead address what’s most urgent in our inbox. For many of us, the amount of pressure felt at your work is increasing. Is your work pressure increasing?
If you answered yes to this question, you are not alone. Sixty percent of workers report work-related pressure has increased in the last five years. The pressure felt by many is increasing stress levels.
According to a ComPysch study stress is significant for most employees:
- 59% Have high levels of stress, with extreme fatigue/feeling out of control
- 35% Have constant but manageable stress levels
- 6% Have low stress levels
How do you know if you are in the 59% category? What does that look like in everyday life? You may find yourself saying things like this:
- I am completely overwhelmed by my to-do list.
- I spend my whole day responding to other people’s requests
- I can’t seem to get out of my email inbox and to my work.
- I can’t focus and finish anything. I constantly switch back and forth between tasks.
- I procrastinate and do the easy stuff, and I leave the important stuff for “later”. But later rarely happens or happens only late at night. I know it’s affecting the quality of my work.
If we are feeling stressed, what do we do to be more productive with the time you have?
Author Brian Tracy says planning your day is the secret to maximizing productivity. It takes 10 to 12 minutes for you to plan out your day. This small investment of time will save you up to two hours in wasted time and diffused effort through the day. Wait, seriously? TWO HOURS A DAY? What would you do with an extra two hours?
We know how important planning is- it’s why we built Bella. We also know new software alone isn’t the only solution. We need new behaviors and new skills as well. We want to help be part of the whole solution.